- 13 years design and development experiences in client-server and web-based software solution.
- 8 years acted as Tech Lead in various development teams up to 10+ developers/analysts/supporters.
- 3 years executed in IT manager role and responsibilities to manage a team up to17 members.
- 6 years design and development experiences in various software solutions in Legal related areas – Patent, Contracts/Agreements, Licensing, and Content/Documentation.
- Extensive working experience in software solution development and rollout, in various areas – Enterprise Server Embedding System, SAP Supply Chain Management, and Administration IT.
- Extensive working experience in Software Life Cycle, from leading discussions with business partners/customers to define business & technical requirements, to releasing into production followed by various standardized support modules.
- Hands on experience in various DB technologies, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Creative thinker with strong interpersonal and good communication skills in both oral and writing.
Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, USA
M.S in Computer Science, GPA: 3.5/4.0
|September 1998 – December 1999
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
B.S in Computer Science
|September 1991 – July 1995
Executive Manager and Tech Lead in IT Legal Team ( July 2006 - February 2010 )
Managed a full functional group, up to 3 project managers, 2 business analysts, 5 developers, 2 supporters, and a group of 5 programmers assigned through HP Global Development Center - India.
- Architected the Enterprise Resource Management System (ERMS) for HP Company wide and led the implementations of the first phase – HP TRIM Buildups and Data Transferring from Legal CHARMS (Resource Refresh/Return/Tracking system – PC).
- Led Legal Web Content Management (Web CM) project (8 months, 6 developers) to provide State-Of-Art content management solution for Internal Legal Website, so that Legal could manage content rollouts on its own (instead through IT) but still following standardized IT release models (e.g. from Testing to Production). It saved 80% turn-around effort and time from IT.
- Redesign & improved Electronic Confidential Disclosure Agreement Management (ECDA) (Sales & Procurement), which introduced an industry leading methodology for agreement signing process in electronic fashion instead of paper in person. This web-based solution was not only consolidating thousands CDAs into a single repository online 24/7, but also building up the tracking and alert systems for future evaluations and renewals.
- Design & developed the data communications between Legal Matter Management System (Legal MMS) and other HP financial systems (e.g. Legal Invoice Processor (LegalSAP) and HP Finance SAP systems), for invoice payments to external counsels, who worked for HP in various litigation cases and Patent applications.
- Design & developed IT Project Evaluation System (RCRB), which introduced a new workflow for evaluation process related to ongoing IT projects, from Legal Compliance perspective.
Sr. Software Engineer - Tech Lead in Legal IT Team ( April 2004 - June 2006 )
Led a development group, including 4 developers, 2 supporters, and 3 system administrators.
- Led and managed Patent Management (EDISON, 18 months) project, a web-based .NET solution to manage life cycles of thousands of HP patents in last 20 years, from innovation to patent granted.
- Designed & developed the Sales Electronic Confidential Disclosure Agreement (Sales ECDA). As the first version of this new solution, it provided the foundations to introduce a new business process in HP to allow agreement signed electronically by email communications.
- Led and built the new State-Of-Art Data Center for Legal by using Microsoft Clustering Technologies (Network Load Balancing – NLB and Failover) with full functional measures on security. The overall of resource uptime was improved from 70% to 98%.
Sr. Software Engineer - Tech Lead in Order Management Team ( July 2002 - March 2004 )
- Led the Returns And Quotes System (RAQS) project (6 months, 6 engineers) for HP/Compaq Product Return process against SAP D7, by using WebAS 6.2, BSP/ABAP/BAPI against Oracle.
- Working with NACC business team and Resellers to provide sustain engineering (bug fixes, improvements, and customer support) for Single Vender Kiosk (SVK) platform, which was a web-based CTO product configurator used in HPShopping.com and Resellers' stores and developed in Java (JSP/Servlet), Jrun 2.3 + IIS 4.0, MS SQL 7.0.
- Working with NACC business team and Resellers to provide the deep support for Multiple Vender Kiosk (MVK) platform, which was a bulk of web services (Order Placing, Configuration Validation and Product Catalog) communicated to Resellers' website and developed in Java, WebLogic Server, MS SQL 7.0.
Software Engineer in Storage RAID and then Remote Management Team ( January 2001 - June 2002 )
- Led the evaluation process for Common RAID Utility (CRU) project, the next generation web-based utility for HP Storage NetRAID controllers, worked with two major HP storage vendors (Adaptec and AMI) to define the standard RAID API supporting multiple venders.
- Participated in Graphic Console Redirect (GCR) project, a web-based software solution to provide the remote management functionality crossing HP Servers, including Java Applets, XML commands, SSL security and LDAP authorization control.
Software Engineer in R&D Research Group ( January 2000 - December 2000 )
Participated in a research group (6 engineers) to define customers' requirement, design and develop the 2nd phase prototypes, and present them to the company headquarter in Japan as a complete package (docs, prototype, demo, installation package and release notes).
- Group Cast Data Manager 2000 (GCDM2K): Designed & developed middleware in IIS server using ASP 3.0, including session control, user management, HTML generation, and ODBC connection pools.
- GulfNet Fast Service Provider 2000 (GFSP2K): Designed & developed the real-time communications between client side (Java Applets) and server side (Servlets) to allow users to browse the information stored in MySQL (services, users, and billing statements) in XML commands.
System analyst and programmer in Computer Center ( July 1995 - January 1998 )
- Designed & developed Flight Information Telephone Service (FITS) to provide an unattended telephone service (24/7) to allow customers to do online reservation and flight schedule checking, using C/C++, VB with Sound TC-08A VI Card against China Flight Information System (Unix).
- Participated in Airlines Real Time System (ARTS) to show the real-time flight information to customers in airports and allow customers to check the information on the Touch-Screen Monitor, using C/C++, VB based on China Flight Information System (UNIX).
||.NET Framework, ASPNET/AJAX, Java (JSP/Servlets/Applet), XML/XSLT
||SAP Web 6.2, BSP, ABAP, BPI
||C#/C/C++, Java, VB, ABAP
||Firewall, Proxy, HTTP, LDAP, SNMP, TFTP, TCP/IP, UDP, VNC, RFB
||SQL and PL/SQL programming, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 9i/10i/11i, MySQL
||Windows 2000/XP/2007, SAP WebAS, R/3, Linux, Unix
||Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, MS SQL Management Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, ClearCase/UCM, Rational Rose 2000, Vision, InstallShield
||PPM Certification Training and Essential Facilitation Training
||Leading for Business Results for Experienced Individual Contributors
||High Performance Teams for Web-based Application development group
||SCM Software Project Management (Rational Software)
||SCM600 Process in Sales & Distribution (SD)
||BC401 ABAP Objects & BC400 ABAP Workbench: Foundations and Concepts
||NET200 SAP Web Application Server (Developer 6.10)